After graduating with a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia, Cassy worked for Slater & Gordon in Perth. She relocated to the Territory and started her Darwin legal career working with a small firm in 2012.
After several years in the private sector in the NT (including as Director of a small local firm), she worked for the NT Health department on a review of the NT mental health legislation. Cassy was next a Director / Partner of Piper Ellis lawyers between 2016 and 2021, before joining the NT Bar.
Prior to studying law, Cassy was a registered nurse (2003-2011), and has a keen interest in medicolegal matters and health related law.
Cassy started as Special Counsel at Cozens Johansen Lawyers in January 2023.
She continues in her casual role at Charles Darwin University, tutoring Torts.
In the community, Cassy is a voluntary member of the NT Contingency NT Contingency Legal Aid Committee. She has previously held other board positions in the NT and was a Sessional Member of NTCAT from 2017 until 2023.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Western Australia)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner (2009)
- High Court of Australia Register of Practitioners (2011)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Edith Cowan University)
- Law Society of the Northern Territory